ads

Tuesday 28 November 2017

Namespace Questions


Q: What is Aura? Why do I see the aura: namespace in the code?
A: Aura is the open source technology that powers Lightning Components. The aura: namespace contains all of the basic building blocks for defining components and applications.

Q: Do I need a namespace to develop Lightning Components?
A: No. Lightning Components used to require a namespace, but that is no longer a requirement.

Q: Should I change my development process to start using namespaces and managed packages?
A: We don’t recommend changing your development process to use namespaces and managed packages if you aren’t already using them. That said, they are an important part of sophisticated development processes, so as your organization's processes mature, you should consider them for a variety of reasons.

Q: I already have a Developer Edition I use for a package I uploaded to the AppExchange. Should I use this namespaced org to create my Lightning Components or get a new one?
A: If Lightning Components are useful for your current app, you may want to use them in your existing org. If you're creating a separate app, you might want to consider using a new namespace for it. This best practice isn't particularly specific to Lightning Components.

No comments:

Post a Comment